"From Thought to Action" through Partnership
GRF Davos is looking for project partners that are already in the process of setting up a proposal and still looking for a strong consortium partner. GRF Davos offers ample experience in Integrative Risk Management in various areas, as well as profound capacity for dissemination and knowledge transfer activities.
European Union's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7)
The European Commission's Directorate-General for Research has published a series of calls for proposals under its Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) for the funding of research and technological development. These calls contain large potential for the realization of sustainable solutions. Thoughts, knowledge and approaches will turn into action through professional and well structured international cooperation. For more information on the 2012 work programmes see http://cordis.europa.eu/fp7/wp-2012_en.html.
GRF Is Available as Partner for Project Proposals
The Global Risk Forum GRF Davos seeks for possibilities to partner with potential project teams that are going to submit FP7 proposals for sustainable risk reduction and disaster management.
We successfully focus on the implementation of an integrated approach in Risk Reduction and Disaster and Crisis Management that takes all kinds of risks and the whole risk cycle in regard to prevention, intervention and recovery into account. Our solutions will valuably complement projects in terms of a holistic method for resilience increase and vulnerability reduction.
Areas of GRF Expertise and Assets:
- risk analysis, assessment, and perception
- risk governance
- risk policies and strategies
- disaster management, crises intervention, early warning
- integral risk management approach
- climate change adaptation
- knowledge transfer, continuous education
- safety and security strategies
- vulnerability reduction & resilience increase
- risk transfer (micro-insurance)
- network of international experts
- expert knowledge of GRF internal and external consultants (agriculture, engineering, natural hazards, socio-economics, developing studies)
Corresponding FP7 Topics:
- Socio-Economic Sciences and Humanities
- Food, Agriculture and Fisheries, and Biotechnology
GRF Davos Hosts PhD Students funded by FP7
PhD students developing their work within GRF's fields of expertise (see above) are welcome to contact us regarding placement opportunities at GRF in Davos, Switzerland. Several calls for PhD support within the Seventh Framework Programmes are currently open http://cordis.europa.eu/fp7/people/home_en.html.
Do not hesitate to contact us for further information about: